This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
The Longboat Inn is ideally situated opposite the Railway and Bus Terminals and at the entrance to the market town of Penzance.
Our convenient position lends itself to easy access to all transport links to the Isles of Scilly and surrounding areas such as Mousehole, Marazion, St Ives and Lands End to name just a few and we are a stones throw from the main town centre.
Our family run business comprises of seventeen clean and beautifully decorated en-suite bedrooms. Find good food and friendly service in our Bar and separate Restaurant, or in fine weather enjoy the comfort of our Courtyard Beer Garden. All our food is locally sourced where ever possible, and some comes from our own kitchen garden.
There is level access to the pub. Our two restaurants have steps into them, however, we have a portable ramp which is available.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance, please phone 01736 364137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is TR18 2HZ to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Penzance, which is 50 metres away a (1-2 minute walk). Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance, see contact information for details.
- The nearest bus stop is 100 metres from the Inn and is the main station in Penzance. There is a shelter and seating. All buses can accommodate disbled passengers.
- The main road outside the pub where the main entrance is situated has a flat pavement that is even.
- We have information about local RADAR toilets on request.
- This Access Statement is available in larger print on request
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is parking nearby in the harbour car park which is 30 metres away.
- The car park is tarmacced and has security CCTV and is well it at night.
- On street parking is available; this can be busy during the day from 8am, but spaces are usually available after 4pm. There is street lighting and it is adequate.
- There is one step into the main entrance which is 4cm high.
- The front door is 750mm/29.5ins wide.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
Bar & Bar Area and Dining Area/Restaurant
- The bar and restaurants are situated on the ground floor. Entry to the restaurants is by one step, but an alternative low gradient ramp is available.
- Both the bar and restaurants have level access throughtout.
- Both the bar and the restaurant have a mixture of upright chairs with and without arms and tables are well spaced apart, with a clear height from the floor of 609mm/24ins.
- Lighting is natural daylight supplemented with wall lighting. Candles are lit on tables in the restaurant.
- There are TV's in the bar area. Sound is only activated for major sport or other events. Subtitles are always available.
- There is background music in the restaurant area.
- The flooring is wood in the bar area
- Specials of the day are shown on a blackboard. All staff can assist by running through menus with you.
- There is a darts board in an area to the side of the bar which is on a raised stepped area.
- Customer toilets can be found on the ground floor to the rear of the bar. Access to the toilets are on a flat level.
- The toilets do not have wheelchair access, however the toilets situated at the Bus station have dedicated disabled toilets. These are 30 metres away
Beer Garden/Outdoor Area/Smoking area
- The Beer Garden is situated to the rear of the pub; smoking is permitted in this area. Access to these areas is available at the rear of the pub.
Accommodation - Bedrooms
- All our bedrooms are situated on the first and second floors and are accessible from 2 sets of stairs.
- We do not have a lift.
- The height of all of the beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 580mm/17.7ins
- Rooms are bright and evenly lit with overhead lighting and wall lights.
- All of our bedrooms offer the following: Lighting as above, good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors, short pile carpet, all bedding is non-feather, widescreen digital television with remote control, subtitles, and audio description facilities.
Accommodation - Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms
- Door opening to the bathroom is 710mm
- Showers have a step up of
- The toilet height is 420mm
- The wash basin height is 760mm
- Turn taps on the washbasin and bath/ shower
- Non-slip laminate flooring
- In rooms where there is a bath, the showers are situated inside the bath area.
Accommodation - Public Areas
- The stairs and landing are well lit using a combination of ceiling lights. The corridor to the bedrooms is lit by wall lights ceiling lights and are on motion detection.
- Corridors are 1200mm/47ins wide and the floor covering is short pile carpet.
- The residents lounge features ceiling lights and table lamp.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require assistance someone will help you with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge
- We feel that due to the amount of stairs to the accommodation, our premises would not be suitable trained assistance dogs.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS facility is less than a mile away. The nearest doctor’s surgery is 0.5 mile away. Please ask for further information.
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access is available in bedrooms and throughout the pub
- Low energy lighting is used throughout
- We plan to update our website in the near future to make it more accessible.
- We plan to review our access policies and procedures in the near future in order to try and make it easier and more comfortable for customers with disabilities.